Mother-Child Study — $289
Mothers and their Children (ages 9-15) Needed for Research Study
You may be eligible if you:
1. Are 18-65 years old and female.
2. Have a biological child who is between 9 and 16 years of age.
3. Are not currently pregnant or trying to become pregnant
4. Have never been diagnosed with, or been suspected to have, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
If you are eligible and agree to participate you and your child will complete:
1. Psychiatric Interviews.
2. Electroencephalogram (EEG) assessment to non-invasively measure brain function.
3. An fMRI scan to take detailed photos of the brain
4. Short phone surveys that are administered via app and sent for 10 days (daughters only)
5. A series of computer surveys sent three times via email every 6 months for up to 18 months.
Volunteers taking certain medications that affect the brain may not qualify for the study. Participants should not be pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
This study involves a time commitment of approximately 10-11 hours over a total of 2-3 lab visits.
Families will be compensated up to $289 for their time. All information you give is confidential.
Participants at the time of the visit. Mothers and children each receive about $20-$40 per study visit, and are then paid for each follow up as well. Families can make up to $289 by completing the entire study.